The Department was established in 1957. During its 50 years of existence, it has
produced excellent academic luminaries who have made their names in the field of
Sociology at National and International level. The Department has received grants
under Special Assistance Programme (SAP) DRS-I from UGC. The Department is actively
engaged in teaching, research and extension.
Please click here to
view Department Profile!
To enliven the teaching of sociology by making it oriented to existential and social
reality and build a society of sustainability, equity and quality.
- To equip the students to critically understand and interpret social reality
- To generate in students a distinctly sociological perspective on socio economic
and cultural reality
- To enhance the social sensitivity and sensibility of the students
- To help students to acquire skills that will be useful to them in their personal
and professional life
- To develop multi-disciplinary skills among students